Leaving

Today, my brother Aris' break from the seminary ended. As what had been going on for the last five years, he came and then after three weeks, he leaves. It has become a cycle for the family. But it's quite difficult to explain why I never get used to it. I guess nobody does. Not for my family.

I always feel melodramatic when he leaves. Each year, as I see him hug everyone and say his goodbyes, there's this prick in my heart that never seem to fade away with the years. I wonder why. Maybe it's the loneliness that comes when I get home after work today, knowing that his round happy face wouldn't be there to greet me. The sound of his laughter no longer echoing, and etc.

This time, I couldn't help but think about my own children in the future. When Alee leaves for medical school and Noah goes for his dreams. I wonder if it would be the same pain. The same prick in my heart. The same loneliness. I wonder if I could bear it, just like my parents did.

Leaving is something that I have always viewed as advantageous to the one who's doing it... and a disadvantage to those who are left behind. If you're leaving, you always have something to look forward to. A whole new world to explore. New opportunities to uncover and sail upon. But if you're left behind, you only have memories and wishful thinkings. Sad. But true. - May 23, 2011.



posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
general santos
i'm just me. simple yet unique me.

writing has always been my passion. this is how i express myself. this is the best way i can express myself. hope you'll have a good read and in the process,get even just a small glimpse of ME. thanks for dropping by. - yeng

Yobz Duka

Yobz Duka
... the love of my life... the one i love for eternity...

Quotable Quote

Leave some room for SERENDIPITY in your life.
The world is full of things You and I haven't dreamt of.

Waiting All My Life

Rascal Flatts - Waiting All My Life .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

My Wish

Rascal Flatts - My Wish .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Followers


Recent Comments