BORACAY 2010

We got up early to catch the 6am ferry for Iloilo in the morning of August 8. Boarded the ferry and then slipped between sleep and chatter the whole ferryboat ride. Our rented van was already waiting for us at the Iloilo port when our boat finally docked. It was a white van with a driver named Russell.

Iloilo was in a downpour. We kept on praying for Mr. Sun to shine and God listened. As our van drove down the road leading to Caticlan, the sun started to peak through the clouds. When we stopped over for breakfast at some roadside eatery, the rain was no more than a drizzle.

We drifted to and fro sleep for the rest of the trip. I couldn't exactly remember how long it took us to reach Caticlan. All I could remember now was stopping over at a Mercury Drugstore to buy some paracetamol and bottled water and stopping over to buy rambutan along Antique's highway. It was a smooth ride and of course, happy ride.

When we finally arrived at the Tabon Port (our tour guide advised us to take the ferry at this port because the current was strong at the other side), we were greeted with the sight of tourists of different race and age. It was such an exciting sight. Already, we were feeling the boracay ambiance! We paid our fees/tickets at the small counter and then boarded the ferry for boracay.

Shirley, our tourist guide met as at the port of Tabon. She led us to St. Vincent's Cottages where we reserved our rooms. She gave us time to wash up before she led us to a resort where we will jump off for our water activities. As soon as we were registered, we were made to wear red life vests and made to ride on a banana boat that was tied behind a speed boat. The banana boat was just one of the many exciting water activities at Boracay waters. I thought I was gonna lose my voice because I screamed my heart out during the whole 20 or so minute ride! Grabe!

Charmine, Chingkee, Joclyn, and Eljoie tried out the Flying Fish ride. I get to ride it too, when Eljoie gave up his post after a few minutes of that exhilerating activity. Then, Charmine and Joclyn tried out parasailing. The rest of us rode on the speed boat. We had a good time picture taking and just fooling around the whole time the couple were up on air.

Late in the afternoon, we decided to take a look at Boracay's magnificent shoreline. Some of us took a dip in the waters and felt the waves crashing on our bodies. But most of our time was spent taking pictures and posing for the cameras... particularly, Eljoie's major major camera! hahaha...

After getting the hang of it all, we went back to the cottage, changed our outfits (nga gipanukaran jud ug taman taman ni bechilin!) and headed again to the shore where the restaurants are. We had quite a difficult time choosing where to eat. Some finally decided to eat at an eat all you can resto that offered mostly meat menu. Chingkee, Weng, and I decided to eat at an open resto (eat all you can too) that offered mostly seafood menu like shrimps and clams. It was such a good eat for the three of us. We were sooo full... The food wasn't particularly delicious but it was a complete variety from the ones we had had for the last couple of days. The rest of the evening was spent going over boutiques and shops at Boracay's "d Mall".

The following morning, we prepared for our Island Hopping Adventure. We had topsi-breakfast at a neat resto before meeting Shirley at around 10am. We rode a tricycle to a dock full of boats. We boarded one and off we sailed to another side of Boracay. We passed by an island they call Crocodile Island because its surface looked like a crocodile's back (full of spikes and really looked very rough and rugged). We also passed by a magnificent structure that was the Monacco Condominium Units. Our boat stopped at one spot and we went snorkling. It was quite difficult to go snorkling with the life vest on so I took mine off . Eljoie told me to put it back on. I couldn't blame him. He's a safety engineer, after all. hehehe... We didn't stay very long because the current was strong and we were afraid it would take us away from the boat.

Our next stop was the Crystal Cove. A government owned and developed island. It was there where we spent most of our time. We also had lunch at one of the cottages. We explored the island and took lots of photos. Lunch was superb! Shrimp,grilled pork, fruits,and grilled fish. Yum! Yum! Yum!

After our island hopping, Shirley took us to the Reefwalking Station. There everyone, except me took the reefwalk. They had such a great time (judging from the video)... Maybe I'd try it out next time, with Boboy around. I got cold feet when the instructor told us during the orientation that we should expect pressure to hurt our ears but all we had to do was to equalize. I remembered feeling that pressure inside the plane during our flight two days back. It left me feeling panicky deep inside so I decided to just let it go and not join the team. I don't regret not being able to go with them. I had a great time checking out Eljoie's DSLR the whole time they were underwater! haha

The reefwalk ended our Boracay adventure. I feel that we should have spent another day to explore the island some more. But then again, I am also grateful because we would have enough reason to go back in the not-so-distant future.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
general santos
i'm just me. simple yet unique me.

writing has always been my passion. this is how i express myself. this is the best way i can express myself. hope you'll have a good read and in the process,get even just a small glimpse of ME. thanks for dropping by. - yeng

Yobz Duka

Yobz Duka
... the love of my life... the one i love for eternity...

Quotable Quote

Leave some room for SERENDIPITY in your life.
The world is full of things You and I haven't dreamt of.

Waiting All My Life

Rascal Flatts - Waiting All My Life .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

My Wish

Rascal Flatts - My Wish .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Followers


Recent Comments