THE MEN IN MY LIFE ( Part I )

While going over my old files which were saved in a case of CDs, I came across a word document file with the above title. As I double clicked it, I couldn't help but smile remembering the times I wrote this certain article. The entries here were written on different dates. I remember writing each entry when I felt like it, when my passion for writing struck me (which was frequent during those gone by years).


I decided to have it published here because I don't want to lose this "masterpiec
e" (as I want to regard it). This had been written not only with my hands but with my heart and soul (dramatic!).

P.S. Pictures attached! ;)

THE MEN IN MY LIFE

PERSONAL PROFILE
Name: OSCAR B. AÑONUEVO
Age: 56 years old
Profession: Father (to us) & Husband (to nanay)
Hometown: Inopacan, Leyte
Status: Married (to my mother)

Describe Him:
Tatay is a great cook. He has his ways with animals and children and people. I am his fave. J He rarely gets mad, but when he does, I wouldn’t dare cross his path. He could stay calm in worst situations and could be as stubborn as a bull. He is the best horseman I’ve ever met and my brother and I consider him a horse-whisperer.

MORE:
There is no other man I would love more than I love tatay. Nor can there be any man who could greatly influence my life as much as he did and still does. Tatay is not perfect. Human as he is, he has his own flaws and mistakes. But despite all that, for me, he will forever be my hero, strength, and life. No man can ever love me the way he does. His love has shone all throughout my life, from childhood until now. In his own ways, he showed me what true loving is all about. The way he provided our needs. The way he loves nanay. The way he takes care of us all. The way he cooks our favorite dishes, the way he repaired broken things, the times he kissed scraped knees, the times he hugged away painful experiences and kissed away tears of frustrations and broken hearts, and the way he built my playhouse when I was a kid are just few of the things that I will treasure in my heart. Yes, no man could ever take his place in my heart. No man. I will forever love you, Tatay. - September 2005

PERSONAL PROFILE

Name: ALDRIN AÑONUEVO and ADRIAN AÑONUEVO
Age: 18 years old
Relationship: Younger Brothers

Describe Them:
I call them “Bibi”(my own version of Baby). They are loving, athletic, and the best basketball players in the whole universe. They could sing too. (Talented mana sa ate.) J They love MEYAWT, our pet cat. Pinaka-pogi sila for me.

MORE:
My two poging “bibis” are the best brothers one could ever have. I’ve seen them grow from cute naughty toddlers to loving and handsome gentlemen. I was their babysitter back when they were kids. There was nobody else who could make them get their afternoon nap aside from me. I was like their “terror” yaya. But over the years, I have developed this really strong bond with them and a tight hug and a sound kiss on my cheeks from these two tall and lanky boys could wipe my irritation and anger away.

One of the most unforgettable moments I had with them was that time they joined a Band Competition in town. There were about 20 plus group contestants and each band were to play three songs. They were the 14th performer. Imagine the whole family stayed up till the wee hours just to hear and see them perform a Parokya ni Edgar song. It was annoying to wait that long especially since I couldn’t stand the music some bands played. It seemed like they were just shouting at the top of their lungs…. But the wait was worth it. When it was the twins’ turn on stage, I turned into a school girl playing jumping jack. I was clapping, cheering, jumping, and shouting all at same time. They were great and they bagged 7th place. Not bad for first-timers. -september 2005

PERSONAL PROFILE
Name: ARIS AÑONUEVO
Age:
23 years old
Relationship:
Y
ounger Brother
Describe Him:
Intelligent… endangered male-specie.
MORE:

It was a tight hug and I felt ready to burst into tears. I hastily pulled away and managed to give him a bright smile as I whispered “take care”, before I turned away and climbed into the passenger jeepney. It was the last time I saw his face and it will be a year more before I would lay my eyes on him again.

My brother Aris was born two years my junior. He is an Agribusiness Management graduate and has the knack in cooking great recipes and being funny. He dreams to own a ranch, plant vegetables and raise livestock & poultry. He believes that the only solution to the country’s economic crisis is getting right back to the basic which is agriculture. And he is now on his 1st year of being a novice at the Blessed Sacrament Seminary House in Bulacan.

It was always his dream to be a priest but my mother did not agree with his plans when he told her about it right after his high school graduation. So he studied Agribusiness Management at the State University where he got known because of his great sense of humor, funny antics, and intelligent ideas. It was also in college when he got himself brokenhearted. But maybe, it was God’s way of telling him that he was meant to serve Him because it was in Jesus he found comfort and healing.

In 2004, after twelve months of juggling between job-hunting and serving the youth in our community through the Parish Youth Ministry, he decided to pursue becoming a priest. It was difficult for my parents, specially my mother to see him leave for his first year of postulancy. The first few weeks were sad because we kept thinking how seemingly gloomy the house was without his funny disposition. I got to see him once in awhile because my job allowed me to take the three-hour ride to his seminary, and he was allowed to see visitors. It was during those visits that we got really close to each other. It was during those times when we shared our views, feelings, and plans. It was then when I realized what a waste it was living more than twenty years in the same house with him and not knowing what a treasure he truly is.

Our childhood was filled with quarrels ---not just the petty ones---but the kind that lasted many years of not speaking to each other due to sibling rivalry and pride. As the eldest, I thought then that I had the right to be dominant & bossy & brass. Stubborn & proud as Aris was, he wasn’t the type to bow down to everything I wanted and we were in constant clash with each other. It had caused our mother great heartache to see us that way. Now I realized that I should have known better than to be proud and domineering. I could have earn his respect & trust in a different way.

My mother & I took him to Bulacan for his 2-year novice in May 2005. The last email I got from him was on the following month. The Novice Director says he is doing well in the seminary. He sends text messages once in a while and nothing more. Then on my 26th birthday, he sent me a message which nearly reduced me to tears and at the same time made my heart burst with joy & love… He told me that although we’ve grown apart, deep inside, he does love me and he considers me to be his very first bestfriend…. J - april 2006


posted under |

0 comments:

Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
general santos
i'm just me. simple yet unique me.

writing has always been my passion. this is how i express myself. this is the best way i can express myself. hope you'll have a good read and in the process,get even just a small glimpse of ME. thanks for dropping by. - yeng

Yobz Duka

Yobz Duka
... the love of my life... the one i love for eternity...

Quotable Quote

Leave some room for SERENDIPITY in your life.
The world is full of things You and I haven't dreamt of.

Waiting All My Life

Rascal Flatts - Waiting All My Life .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

My Wish

Rascal Flatts - My Wish .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Followers


Recent Comments