On Being a Mother...

A little over a month after giving birth to an adorable baby girl, I find myself in the midst of wet and soiled diapers, feeding bottles, and baby rattles. It's a wonder how such a small helpless angel can totally change one's life and priorities. When I learned that I was pregnant last October (2008), I busied myself reading pregnancy and child care books. And when Aleeza Erelah was born, I thought I was fully equipped with every armor a new mother can ever have. But I was wrong...

The books..yes, they provided me with basic information on child care and what one should expect... but they never really prepared me with motherhood... there was no description as to how a new mother feels when in the middle of the night, amidst her deep sleep, her baby cries and she has to get up, no matter how sleepy she is, so she could tend to her child's needs.... then there are the nappies... the wet and soiled nappies which need to be changed... and then breastmilk that seem too difficult to come by, no matter how eager she is to feed her baby with it... plus the discomfort of her perinium area and all other complications that come with child birth...the list is endless, I couldn't even count them...

With all these things, I came to fully realize how much my own mother had sacrificed and had gone through for me and my siblings. Every one of us has not the right to hurt our mothers... be it in words or actions... even if they haven't really been the perfect mother, the fact that they gave birth to us is reason enough to love and respect them with all that we have.

Nothing really comes close to the pain and joy of being a mother. I just wish all women who'd been through it come to realize God's purpose on why motherhood has to be this way.

posted under |

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
general santos
i'm just me. simple yet unique me.

writing has always been my passion. this is how i express myself. this is the best way i can express myself. hope you'll have a good read and in the process,get even just a small glimpse of ME. thanks for dropping by. - yeng

Yobz Duka

Yobz Duka
... the love of my life... the one i love for eternity...

Quotable Quote

Leave some room for SERENDIPITY in your life.
The world is full of things You and I haven't dreamt of.

Waiting All My Life

Rascal Flatts - Waiting All My Life .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

My Wish

Rascal Flatts - My Wish .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

Followers


Recent Comments